Breast Cancer Awareness – Did you know?
Did you know these five key facts about breast cancer?
- While women are at greater risk, approximately 1% of all breast cancer cases in the U.S. are diagnosed in men.
- It is estimated that 5% to 10% of breast cancers can be attributed to genetic predisposition.
- Women ages 40 and older should have a screening mammogram. While mammograms can miss some cancers, they are still a very effective way to find breast cancer.
- In 2013, the American Cancer Society estimates that 232,340 new cases of invasive breast cancer (Stages I-IV) will be diagnosed among women in the U.S., with 39,620 deaths.
- At this time there are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. This includes women still being treated and those who have completed treatment.
‘Let’s Defeat Breast Cancer, We’re Stronger Together’
For more information, or to get involved please visit www.bcacampaign.com